And You're Not Here...





     I do not know about you, but I am grieving a few people this Christmas. It can be hard to be a part of the Christmas spirit. My advice is to take time to grieve and be alone. However, I suggest that one should spend time around others so as to prevent feelings of loneliness. I know that in a room of people, one can feel alone... So try to talk about memories of the individual(s) that you are missing. Keep them alive in your hearts and minds this Christmas. I will personally be making a stocking for someone I lost only recently; family members will put memories of the individual that they have written down on paper inside. That way, on Christmas, we will be able to revisit times when he was with us. 

     Sometimes, feelings of guilt can creep in. "How could I have forgotten him this Christmas?" "Why am I here, while she is not?" "Will I ever be able to be happy this time of year again?" Do not let those feelings steal your peace. 

     You may be reading this and be thinking, "But I don't have any feelings of guilt...is that okay? Why do I not? Am I supposed to?" There are no rules to grieving; people grieve in different ways. If you do not have guilty feelings/ thoughts- that is perfectly okay. 

     Sometimes the person you miss is still alive and that is okay. I have done the same. I miss former friends; I miss people that are in other states. It may seem odd and new, but you can miss someone terribly much and they can even be in the same home. They may have changed and you may miss their old self, the relationship you had with them, the journeys you believed were ahead.

      We should celebrate our loved one(s) this Christmas. Celebrate the times we had and the ones that will come. Let us focus on that and not what could have been...

     To be honest, I am in a quandary right now. I cannot come up with anything else because at times grief has no words... I get overwhelmed with sadness, then I feel as if my loved ones are still here. Other times, I forget. When this happens, I feel like I am betraying them- as if I am somehow being disloyal. Yet maybe this forgetfulness is a blessing they send us, so we might have a few moments of serenity. 
      



Chilling Thoughts

Chasing down the track
Cannot take them back
Revealing who's inside
The one trying to hide

Broken, beyond repair
Quite disarrayed
Discovering new feelings
That take the breath away

The winter breeze
Will soon freeze
These memories
I try to cease

From this day forth
Until the sun shines again
The tears will be like
Icicles in the wind




If you feel the need to cry, then here are some songs that will possibly help you...


Christmas In Heaven - Scotty McCreery

Piano Guys - Christmas Song

Christmas Makes Me Cry - Matthew West and Mandisa

Different Kind of Christmas - Mark Shultz





OMADG

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where Do You Find Hopiness?

Failures Or Lessons?

Irony