Faithful Servant Retreat June 16 - 21

Hey guys! I have not posted in a while. So, before I forget, I want to share a little something about an amazing retreat coming up! (p.s. DYC was incredible). 
I will be posting tomorrow, but wanted to tell you all about this:)

(see bottom to learn more...)

What is Faithful Servant?

Faithful Servant Catholic Leadership Institute is designed for high school aged youth and adults who work with them.  It combines a wide variety of learning modalities, including visual, verbal, logical, physical, and aural.  Regardless of participants’ ultimate vocational call, Faithful Servant provides a foundation of insight into discipleship coupled with proven life skills.  Some of the topics covered during the week include:
  • Christian Leadership and Leadership Styles
  • Communication Skills
  • Negotiation and Consensus Building
  • Morality – Natural Law
  • Group Dynamics
  • The New Evangelization
  • Eucharist – Our Source and Summit

The History of Faithful Servant in the Charlotte Diocese

Since 1981, the Diocese of Charlotte has maintained an annual commitment to the leadership development of its youth by way of an annual, weeklong leadership institute.  As a pilot diocese of the “Christian Leadership Institute” or “CLI,” of the then Center for Youth Ministry Development, the Diocese of Charlotte was – and remains – on the cutting edge of Catholic youth leadership.  Over the years, the Charlotte Diocese has continuously worked to revitalize its youth leadership institute through the introduction of the pairing of current leadership skills and theories and sound Catholic teaching and practice.
  
Snippets from Testimonials:

"... It introduced me to priests, nuns and lay leaders dedicated to sharing the good news of Jesus Christ and empowering young people to do the same... It created an environment that fostered some of the deepest friendships in my life.  It continued to feed and challenge my faith well into my adulthood..."
Mike Hagarty – Diocese of Charlotte Youth Ministry Intern and Search Coordinator, 1980-1981

"At the beginning of my week at Faithful Servant, I felt unqualified and not skilled enough to be a truly Catholic leader. By the end of the week I not only became friends with some of the most amazing people I’ve ever met, but recognized in myself that call of Christ to be a faithful servant and light to others."
Catherine Yellico – St Michael’s, Gastonia

"Faithful Servant is a program that has allowed me to gain a better understanding of what it means to be one of Gods disciples. I have learned how to incorporate my catholic values into everyday things like decision making, group work, and my school life... Faithful Servant isn’t just somewhere you go to meet wonderful brothers and sisters of Christ. Faithful Servant is where you go to transform your life and focus your life on Christ... Faithful Servant has truly helped me work toward becoming a disciple of his great mercy."
Katelyn Meyer – Holy Cross, Kernersville

"Faithful Servant Leadership Institute gave me an opportunity to learn the leadership skills, and attitude necessary to build great teams and lead in a Christ like manner. It has been a great way for me to make awesome Catholic friends who are excited about leading our Church to heaven and who are interested in having a great time while doing it. All in all FS is a wonderful program that teaches you to be a humble, servant leader who values all the members of any group and one who isn’t afraid to have fun! 10/10 would recommend!!!"
Odus Hamilton Dulin III – St Thomas Aquinas, Charlotte

"I got to Faithful Servant because I witnessed how it had impacted my brothers and sister and I wanted to be impacted similarly.... There, I experienced authentic Catholic community and beautiful examples of how to live a Catholic life of servant leadership. Now I am applying the skills I learned at FS to being an active college student..."
Andrew Torres, St. Barnabas, Arden

"... Not only did I have the most fun in my life, but I formed true friendships that will last for the rest of my life, grew in my relationship with Christ, and acquired fundamental skills to authentically live out my Catholic faith. I became a Catholic leader in my parish youth group and in youth ministry for the Diocese of Charlotte.... I am confident that the experience I gained from Faithful Servant guided me throughout college and led to where I am now..."
Daniel Torres, St. Matthew, Matthews

"The Faithful Servant Leadership Institute profoundly altered my life... It’s teachings and example set my heart on fire with love for the Catholic Church... There is not a dimension of my life unaffected by Faithful Servant, and for its impact I am forever grateful."
Nick Larkins – St. Michael, the Archangel, Raleigh

"While at Faithful Servant, I grew in both my leadership and my faith. I was presented with challenges that would help me in the years to come... Faithful Servant taught me how to be a servant leader in every aspect of my life. I have truly been blessed in being able to participate in multiple years, at different levels, as a participant, as a peer leader, and now serving on the adult team. I would recommend this training to all teen leaders in the Diocese, no matter how much experience or training you may have, Faithful Servant is sure to leave a positive mark on your heart."
Christopher Silvestri – St John Neumann, Charlotte

Learn More (see video)


Register





OMADG

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where Do You Find Hopiness?

Failures Or Lessons?

Irony