Convenient "Trust" Or Real Trust?





I do not know who is familiar with this book, but it is a great one!  It's called: 33 Days to Merciful Love by Fr. Michael E. Gaitley, MIC. Here's a link to it:

https://www.ignatius.com/33-Days-to-Merciful-Love-P2411.aspx

I do not know the exact wording of it, but one of my favorite quotes in this book goes something like this: When you say things like, "If I get to Heaven" it hurts My Heart. It is as if you do not believe in My abundant Mercy.

Today, I went to Mass at St. Dorothy's. Fr. Miller (one of my favorite priests) talked with my family and I after Mass. He said something that really stood out to me: "It is better to work with someone who hates than someone who is lukewarm." This is true because if you are trying to help someone who is apathetic/lukewarm- they won't care. Yet, if you are trying to assist someone who hates- you can work with hate. God will use their pain, and He will transform it into inspiration.

Jesus desires to romance all of us. He wants us to be wrapped up in His infinite, unfathomable love and mercy. He wants us to desire to be that way. He literally opened His Heart up for us. It was not "I love you with My whole Heart." It is "I love you so much that I will allow My heart to be pierced open for you."

Meditate on that beautiful thought. Think. He loves us so much that He opened His Heart up for us. The very thing that gives Him life- He opened it so He could prove His love for us of little faith. One of the definitions of "open" means this: shameless. Wow. God is shameless of His passionate love for you. The word "open" can be broken down into two Greek roots: "op" and "en." The first means, "relating to the eyes." The second means, "towards the inside."

When "relating to the eyes" is mentioned in relation to His mercy, what do you think of? I think of this: He wants us to see ourselves the way He sees us. He wants us to borrow His intuitive eyes and see the world through them. When "towards the inside" is mentioned in relation to His mercy, what do you think of? I think of this: He desires to bring us into His heart. No, not only spiritually, but physically. He desires to literally take us into His heart and bathe us in His love and mercy. He does not want to remove us from the earth; He wants to transform us. He wants His Heart to be the cocoon where we metamorphize.

Another of the definitions of "open:" to move or adjust something so there is a passage through/into. Or, to expand especially before the eyes. This, of course, can relate back to the root word of "open."

Imagine: God adjust His very being in order for us to be able to pass through His Heart into Heaven. I think of His Heart as a gateway into Heaven. In order to get into Heaven, we must walk through His Heart. The thought literally just left me breathless. Of course, I do not know if His Heart is the Gateway. I am ignorant of those things. But, imagine if it was? Would we be able to live through the wonderful, pure time of being inside His Heart? Or, would we die out of absolute joy? This thought makes me dizzy with ecstasy.

We all of sins we are "attached" to. We need to believe His Mercy is sufficiant enough. We need to trust Him. Always. Not just when it is convenient for us.

Questions: Do you want to stop a bad habit? If you hade the choice to never be tempted with that sin ever again, would you choose to? One final question. Get ready because this is a big one. If you could do that sin as many times as you wanted and never have anyone find out about it and God will not punish you for it, would you do that sin?

Comments

  1. Dang Joanna! That's really Inspirational:)
    God has really blessed you with this gift and you have accepted it and put it to use. Thank you!

    Thinking of Christ Heart as the gateway to Heaven was my favorite part of this blog! That's an amazing thought to ponder!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Joanna! I loved that idea of Christ's Heart as the Gateway to Heaven!! I was also thinking about how absolutely beautiful it is to meet/know people who truly and deeply know that Christ loves them and who very purely reciprocate that love - makes me think of the Daughters of the Virgin Mother ;)

    I'm so glad you're doing this blog! Your posts are incredible.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Where Do You Find Hopiness?

Failures Or Lessons?

Irony