Conversation With An Angel





When God created woman he was working late on the 6th day.......
An angel came by and asked." Why spend so much time on her?"
The lord answered. "Have you seen all the specifications I have to meet to shape her?"
She must function on all kinds of situations,
She must be able to embrace several kids at the same time,
Have a hug that can heal anything from a bruised knee to a broken heart,
She must do all this with only two hands,"She cures herself when sick and can work 18 hours a day"
THE ANGEL was impressed "Just two hands.....impossible!
And this is the standard model?"
The Angel came closer and touched the woman
"But you have made her so soft, Lord".
"She is soft", said the Lord,
"But I have made her strong. You can't imagine what she can endure and overcome."
"Can she think?" The Angel asked...
The Lord answered. "Not only can she think, she can reason and negotiate."
The Angel touched her cheeks...
"Lord, it seems this creation is leaking! You have put too many burdens on her"
"She is not leaking...it is a tear" The Lord corrected the Angel…
"What's it for?" Asked the Angel......
The Lord said. "Tears are her way of expressing her grief, her doubts, her love, her loneliness, her suffering and her pride."...
This made a big impression on the Angel,
"Lord, you are a genius. You thought of everything.
A woman is indeed marvelous"
Lord said "Indeed she is.
She has the strength that amazes a man.
She can handle trouble and carry heavy burdens.
She holds happiness, love, and opinions.
She smiles when she feels like screaming.
She sings when she feels like crying, cries when happy and laughs when afraid.
She fights for what she believes in.
Her love is unconditional.
Her heart is broken when a next-of-kin or a friend dies but she finds the strength to get on with life"
The Angel asked: "So she is a perfect being?"
The Lord replied: "No. She has just one drawback
She often forgets what she is worth."


Sara Bareilles - She used to be mine lyrics


Tim McGraw: Better Than I Used To Be Lyrics


Jason Gray - Remind Me Who I Am (Official Music Video)


     This is very true. We are vulnerable, beautiful beings. In the book "Captivating" by John and Stasi Eldredge, reads this: "When women become too independent, they deprive the world of something it so desperately needs."

     That is really intense. Read that again. Basically, it says that women have the capacity to love unconditionally. They desire to love; it is their very nature to nurture. When women become the initiators, we deny the honor for the man to be the one who pursues. Although, it is hard to wait for him to initiate something, we need to be patient. By doing so, we are actually helping become a better version of himself. The book goes on to say that "God's creations reached its zenith in the woman."



     Wow. Another thing this book mentions is that because many women are hurt and broken, we fear our vulnerability because we know we may get hurt. In "Wild At Heart" by John Eldredge, it says something to the gist of this: "When a man believes he is in love, he should separate himself from her for a certain amount of time. He needs to go climb a mountain and figure things out; if he does so, it would save a lot of women some trouble."


     Too often, we forget who we are as women. We get wrapped up in family life, college, and even high school. Before too long, we realize that we feel something significant is missing from our lives. We feel confused because we might have "all we ever dreamed of." What some do not realize, though, is that we desire to be romanced so purely and passionately that our breath is taken away by the pure love. Whether it be an earthly man or The Man, this is our desire. We want to receive the love we pour out.


     Again, too often, men think that we ARE the adventure. But, we are not. We desire to be a PART of the adventure. We desire to be caught up in something bigger than ourselves. We want to ride alongside the cowboy, dance in the rain with the one, and save the world with a "Captain America" of sorts.

     Men also forget who they are. They become busy with trying to support their families, studying for exams, and getting through high school. They need to remember that they are more like Christ than women can ever be. They are men. Also, it is necessary for them to remember that they are the protector. A man is the Alpha Wolf. He protects, fights, perseveres, and is stubborn. Men have the responsibility to step up and defend someone.



     Reflection: What do you think about you worth? Where/ who do you find it with? Why? If you know where/ who you find it in, what are the ways you can keep that up? If it is an unhealthy spot, how can you change that? What are some of the steps you can take? Who can help you with that? What do you do to be a better version of yourself?






     I want you to make a list of these things. Ponder them and really contemplate on your answers. Write them down (it helps to see them physically on paper). Look over them and decide which thing you are going to work on. It is important to hold yourself up to this.


     I want this blog to be a place where people can share personal things and not be ashamed or fearful of what others will think. Of course, it is up to you. Personally, I will be working on how I can keep the Person I feel my worth is in with me throughout my day. To be honest, I sometimes struggle with finding my identity and purpose. Often, I wonder if I am doing what I am called to do as a 16-yr-old Catholic who is in high school. Recently, though, I have found that I really need to bring happiness to those around me. (hopefully, I am succeeding lol).

     (Not to be weird, but I am laughing so hard right now bc my niece is calling me "Tia JoJo." She's going all out with Spanish on me lol. Now, she is demanding me to watch her do "nastics" aka gymnastics...)


    I cannot wait for you to answer these! I am not demanding you post them (#thatwouldbeawkward), but write them down in a journal entry.











































Comments

  1. Jo, thank you for reminding me what I'm worth and what I am capable of, and how amazing others are with their own natures.

    (Also, I love "She Used to Be Mine". And a bunch more from Waitress :)).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad that you are now reminded of your worth; sometimes, I have to give myself a pep talk now and then lol
      I've never seen that movie, but I now want to!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Where Do You Find Hopiness?

Failures Or Lessons?

Irony